Website Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive compensation package with a starting salary range of $90,000 – $105,000 / year. This role includes auto allowance, supplier incentives, and a year-end bonus. This salary range is an average range for this position. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate’s education, skills, and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
Desired Industry Experience – Beverage Alcohol (Wine & Spirits)
The Director I, sales will direct the sales of the company products and services to existing accounts through sales managers and teams.
- Ensure the attainment of sales goals through the regular evaluation of business partner relationships, new business opportunities, and optimization of present sales and service levels
- Manage team to ensure maximum sales and profits from assigned accounts
- Coach, direct, counsel team on overall performance; define expectations and monitor progress
- Reinforce communication of promotions and programs to the sales team
- Attract, retain and motivate team to maintain an engaging work environment and to ensure sound policies and procedures adhered to
- Build and develop a high performing sales team
- Provide summary of sales activity to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct regular performance reviews and identify opportunities for development, training, and performance improvement
- Identify and monitor market activity and business intelligence
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Bachelor s degree in related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven years of relevant experience
- Able to obtain and meet industry licensing requirements as needed
- Must possess a valid driver license and secure and maintain auto-liability insurance by state laws
- Critical nature of this job may require extended hours, overtime and weekends
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 40lbs
This position is deemed a safety-sensitive position. As such, any person who is given a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer’s pay bands or ranges.