Website Sosie Wines
About the job
Sosie Wines has a beautiful tasting room on the Sonoma Square, and we are looking for a Wine Educator to serve our guests on Saturday and Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
Are you enthusiastic and sales driven? Do you love to tell a story about great wine? If so, read on!
We live in the bear state of California, but we are inspired by the wines of France. So we employ an old world approach to winegrowing that flavors restraint over ripeness, finesse over flamboyance. Our aim is to craft wines that show a kinship with those of Bordeaux, Burgundy, Loire, and the Rhone. Wines that are their sosie. We are a limited production winery with case production in the 1000 case range with plans to grow.
Sosie means “look alike” in French and ties in with our logo: the California bear represents our sun and soil and the rooster stands for old world winemaking philosophy.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
* Ability to educate guests about Sosie Wines.
* Genuine enthusiasm in sharing our story and our wines.
* Creativity, persuasiveness and drive.
* A welcoming and cheerful disposition with strong communication skills.
* Passion for fine wine and hospitality.
* Strong work ethic.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Host wine tastings and speak about the wines and wine making process as well as the story behind Sosie.
* Convert tasting experience into wine sales, wine club memberships and repeat business.
* Accurately enter all transactions and customer information in our POS software.
* Occasionally greet guests at the door and invite them to share a wine tasting experience.
* Daily setup and breakdown of tasting room.
* Availability to work weekends and holidays is required.
* Availability to travel and work events as needed.
* Ability to work independently.
* Other duties assigned as needed.
Qualification and Experience
* Knowledge of Winery CRM Systems, especially Wine Direct a plus.
* Knowledge of wine making processes and varietals.
* Sales experience with a premium brand preferred.
* Minimum 2 years in a hospitality or sales position.
* Must have a valid California driver’s license.
* Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Must be able to occasionally bend, reach, or kneel.
Sosie Wines values our employees, and offers a competitive bonus and benefit package.
Sosie is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate inclusion and diversity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com